Sunday 18 January 2015

AoD - Progress Report (4) & Helping out

Apologies for the late updates (I missed the 2 weeks regular post).

I have been working on a few things these past few weeks:-

1. Now able to save with the save function.
2. Now able to config keyboard input.
3. A new ranged enemy.
4. Spawn controller, now able to spawn enemies by the round. That means now players can actually clear the round and proceed to the next.

Save function now works~

Keyboard input config~
Hopefully by v0.3, I would be able to include:-
1. A solid 20 rounds of enemies for test.
2. Support for the new & old gamepads (I will need the help of you guys to test this!).
3. To fill that black abyss with parallax background.

I'm aiming to release v0.3 before the end of this month so stay tuned.

Oh, and Happy New Year! Now I'm off to study parallax background but before that ...

---

Cheshire Cat
I thought I'd mention about a fellow H-game developer, ChershireCat who has fallen on hard times. Some time ago I made a post about his game "Pendulum" in hopes to raise people's awareness on western hentai games & art.

Henry's Rules & Regulations (HRnR)
Currently he's undertaking an ongoing development on a post-apocalypse comedy action game called "Henry's Rules & Regulations" which demo you can try. You can support his development by donating or buying his game "Pendulum" (now on promotion for $1.00 via PayPal) over here. Hopefully it will be enough to get him back on his feet.

EDIT #1: I have been informed by HentaiWriter that CheshireCat, paired with TriangulatePixels is now working on another game called 'Future Fragment'. Althought as it currently stands, there is no demo, only sprite previews. But I'm liking the h-sprites! This tops mine on many levels.

11 comments:

  1. Preferably I wouldn't mind more moans; something that sort of makes me laugh a little is even when in spit roast position, she still sounds the same even though she should be sucking the other dude off.

    Something else I've noticed is that the amount of sexual partners does not seem to affect the rate pleasure is gained, which is unfortunate, but whether or not you plan to implement that later on in the game is yet to be known.

    I greatly like the minimalistic style and gameplay, very solid albeit the hitboxes seem to be somewhat off for the enemies; again I don't know if that's just an issue with the A.I or not.

    In either case I so far greatly like the game, am looking forward to a full release. I don't know if you've mentioned this or not, but are you going to charge when a full game comes out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes I was gonna include a check for the plugged mouth sfx but promptly forgot. I'll get to this for v0.3.

      Actually the rate of pleasure gained should be relative to the number of partners. Currently the rate is at +1 gain for every partner for v0.2. Maybe try again and check the difference? The arousal bar max is 100.

      Alright let me tell you about the hitbox. As you can already tell, the enemy and player sprites are much taller and less wide. Using the regular hitbox (covers head to toe). That means enemies will block and get in the way of the player because hitboxes are bigger. So I came to decide on using a more compact hitbox that is a circle covering the lower torso & groin area. Actually if this didn't immediately become apparent, that means I've failed game design =P

      If I have one wish, I'd wish for AoD's completion. Yes, I'm looking to charge for the AoD but only upon completing the game. They shall serve to further fund additional content or new developments alike ... but I'm getting ahead of myself here. One step at a time shall we?

      Thanks for the feedback. Tell me if you found bugs!

      Delete
    2. Same anon.

      Yes, I've noticed a perceptible (albeit barely) increase in speed while replaying. I'm assuming there'll be more partners available.

      It's actually entirely possible I'm just not used to the semi-bird's eye view the game has; I've personally played more sidescrollers than I can shake a stick at (I wasn't intending that to be an innuendo), so the hitboxes seem weird.

      Delete
    3. There will be more positions added later that will allow up to 1+3. An x3 arousal gain rate will be rather significant.

      Delete
    4. It's possible to have 2 masks for a player but that'll impact collisions if you use the collision events.
      I'd recommend making the mask a circle that's located on their feet for a game like this.

      Delete
    5. Hmm yeah the latter might give me the least headaches. Though that would mean changing the attack hitboxes to now originate from the feet as well.

      Delete
  2. ___________________________________________
    ############################################################################################
    FATAL ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Alarm Event for alarm 4
    for object obj_player_melee:

    Unable to find any instance for object index '100913'
    at gml_Object_obj_player_melee_Alarm_4
    ############################################################################################

    Got that error after spamming spawns and attacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you able to consistently reproduce this error? This one seem to make an appearance then hastily retreat into the abyss. I'll look at it again when I get back. Thanks for pointing it out.

      Delete
    2. Try not to use instance_exists to check if an object exists. The yoyocompiler had issues with instance_exists in the past.
      Check instance_number > 0...

      Also it's a good thing that the error happened in an alarm. If the instance doesn't exist you can just set the alarm to 1.

      Delete
    3. Oh but does instance_exists now work as intended though?

      I'm not sure I understand how the instance_number(obj) > 0 check works. Does it mean that when they fail to find a instance 'enemy_grunt (100913)', all other instances of 'enemy_grunt' will also be MIA hence giving instance_number of 0 for that one unfortunate step?

      Delete
    4. I'm not sure.
      I had to refactor a lot of my code after a GM:Update where instance_exists was the problem. It took me a week to find the problem was a function that I thought was supposed to work wasn't. I haven't checked in the recent updates.

      if there are 10 enemy_grunts in the room at that given moment in time instance_number(enemy_grunt) will give you 10. If there are 0, it'll give you 0. So you can make the instance_number > 0 conditional check above everything in order for that error to not be possible. In the else statement you can reset the alarm to 1 if the code absolutely needs to run.

      The cause of this is probably code order. Something like you're checking if the object exists before it's created? Objects with a lower depth normally have their code run first.

      Delete