|AoD - Demo v0.1|
Spill those guts for me!
Here's the first release of AoD put together to demonstrate the simple mechanics of the game. Sand-boxed within arena grounds, you control a heroine in a top-down view to fight off waves of enemies (you currently spawn your own). For now, AoD is just bones.
- Press LEFT to break free.
- Press RIGHT increases the number of participants by one (currently limited to 3, including player).
Release Notes - v0.1
1. Currently only have ONE (1) H-animation (facing North-East) with TWO (2) variations (2p and 3p).
2. Depleting health doesn't kill player and causes enemies to no longer be able to hit player.
3. Stepping out of arena bounds currently does nothing.
4. Ignore some of the extra sprites if you can, they're there as colour palette reference for me.
Movement - Arrow keys
Attack - C key
Space - Zoom-in/out
F2 - Restarts game
F4 - Full-screen/Window mode
Numpad 0 - Trips the player (or press Ctrl)
Numpad 1 - Heart effect - does nothing
Numpad 5 - Spawns more grunts (or press '0')
1. Sometimes two or more enemies can get temporarily stuck together. Same for the player.
2. During a sword clash with an enemy, sometimes that enemy's attack will go through (should negate completely in a 1-on-1).
3. On rare occasions there may be multiple separate H-animation instances when multiple enemies engage the player (when knocked down) at the same time.
4. HUD not adjusting to right scale when in full-screen mode.
I think that's all for this update. I keep thinking I'm forgetting something.
So play it a bit and tell me what you think. If you discovered a possible bug or is problems such as not being able to run AoD, write in the comments below. Bear with me for AoD is still missing many things.